[pve-devel] new plugin architecture for storage modules

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed May 23 08:40:12 CEST 2012

Oh great, good job !

I'll look at it and try to implement my nexenta plugin.

Also I'm currently testing ceph/rados block with some ceph users,seem to works fine and easy to implement. (no kernel module need,on qemu-kvm with librbd).
Ceph community is nice and very helpfull and I'm also in contact with Intank, the new company of ceph creator.
Rados block is stable now (and commercialy supported),so I think I'll do a plugin module too.

What do you think about it ?

For Ceph, I need to build pve-qemu-kvm with librdb , libraries are available on a official ceph debian repository (squeeze and wheezy)
(basicly we need 3 packages, librbd-dev for build, then librbd and ceph-common (tools) packages)
What is the best way to include them in proxmox ? add ceph repository to proxmox ? or adding ceph packages in proxmox git ?

Thanks again Diemar!