[pve-devel] get config from an "external" VM

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Wed Dec 19 15:31:32 CET 2012

Hi Dietmar,

Am 19.12.2012 14:18, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> I tried this one:
>> PVE::API2::Qemu->vm_config( {node => $nodename, vmid => $owner } )
>
> This calls the method directly. If you want to proxy the call to another server
> you need to connect to the API server.
>
> And I think you really do things the wrong way.

than it would be really nice if you might point me into the right direction.

We need to block delete for owner vm and disk if the disk is shared by
another VM. My idea is to tag this disk with shared=yes. Another way
would be to loop through all VMs and check if the volid is in use by
another VM.

Thanks a lot.

Greets,
Stefan