[pve-devel] pve-manager : expose balloon to gui

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Dec 10 08:46:23 CET 2012

>> So you think those values are goof enough to start with?

I'll try to implement mom algorithm to see if it's works fine.

But having guest buffer stats is more accurate. (Maybe can we indeed send some patches to qemu-mailing to have it upstream)

Maybe can we use both stats from qga and balloon ?
(linux only support virtio-serial since 2.6.35, so older kernels can't use qga)

also, to feed my need, I would like to have choice between auto-balloning and manual-balloning,
something like:

mem: xxxx
baloon: yyyy,mode=(auto|manual)

what do you think about it ?