[pve-devel] savevm tests

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Aug 30 14:40:32 CEST 2012

>> Yes indeed. (But try to do 1000 snapshots with qcow2 ;-)

>I never tried that - is it slow? Or what is the problem?

Yes it's slow. (But maybe it's better now,I have tested it 1 year ago).
Note that vmware by exemple, recommend to use 3 snapshots max.
I must depend of the cow and metadatas implementation I think.

>>And you want to implement that API twice? Not really an option for me.
I don't understand what you want to say. I just want to add a snapshot sub in the nexenta storage plugin
something like this
sub nexenta_snapshot_zvol {

        my $json = '{"method": "snapshot","object" : "zvol","params": ["pool/image at snap1"]}';
        nexenta_request($json);

}