[pve-devel] ahci unmigratable

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Aug 29 18:57:33 CEST 2012

Well, after review I do not like all that code anymore ;-)

what if we add an 'ahci' option instead:

ahci: 0|1

If set, we use ahci/sata for ide drives, else we use normal ide mode.

That way we have the same logic as we use for scsi (scsihw).

We would also save some pci addresses.

Using ide and sata at same time does not really make sense?

What do you think?