[pve-devel] savevm tests

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Aug 29 17:52:07 CEST 2012

>>Putting qcow2 (or better qcow3) on those devices would solve the problem? If that works,
>>there is no more need to use nexenta snapshot support?

I want to use iscsi with nexenta, so qcow2 is not an option. (and I'm not sure using qcow2 on block device is possible)
Also, zfs snapshot are really fast. (qcow2 have some performance penality).
I also need zfs snapshot for cloning.

More generally, I think it's always better to use snapshot capability of the storage (rbd,sheepdog,nexenta, or other).

Openstack implement netapp and nexenta snapshots using their api.
Vmware use vaai api for snapshots if storage support it.