[pve-devel] savevm tests

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Aug 29 16:54:28 CEST 2012

> note :I don't know how it's works in you don't have the snapshot on all the
> disks.
> exemple : add a disk, take a snap1, add a second disk, take a snap2, now
> rollback to snap1 ?

I think we need the following commands to deal with snapshots while the VM is running:

* create_snapshot: (savevm?)

	- create an internal snapshot of all disk
	- optional including complete VM state (RAM)
	- use guest agent like 'blockdev_snapshot_sync'

* delete_snapshot:

	- removes all internal snapshot with that name

Rollback is not needed, because we restart the VM for that case.

Anything else?