[pve-devel] VM snapshot problem

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Aug 24 13:27:02 CEST 2012

>>If not possible, we need to implement that ourselves.

I have done, it's very easy with internal snapshots. (qcow2 base)
we can use "qemu-img snapshot" online !

qemu-img snapshot -c snap1 vm-115-disk-12.qcow2
qemu-img snapshot -d snap1 vm-115-disk-12.qcow2

(of course rollback, qemu-img snapshot -a, should be done offline)

so the qmp commands, are only for external snapshots for .raw and .qed

Seem simple to works with internal snasphots in a first time.
(If user want it, they can convert raw file to qcow2)

I know that qemu dev are pushing qcow2 V3 for the coming months, trying to have better performance, near raw performance.

>>I had no time to test that. But qmp need to support that for rdb and sheepdog anyways?
We don't need qmp for rbd and sheepdog snapshot (we can use rbd and collie command),