[pve-devel] Tabs in source files

Timo Grodzinski t.grodzinski at profihost.ag
Mon Aug 20 15:29:06 CEST 2012

Am 08.08.2012 09:39, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>>> I use emacs to edit those files. Seems emacs thinks this is good style.
>>> Also, we use jslint to verify style, and it does not complain.
>>>
>>> So who (beside you) claims that is bad style?
>>
>> http://www.jwz.org/doc/tabs-vs-spaces.html
>> (one link says more than thousand words)
>
> Any who is that Guy? Anyways, that seems to be a single opinion.
>
> Linux kernel source also use tabs, so I conclude that there is a
> broad consensus that tabs are good style.

Than it would be the best to only use tabs, not a mix of tabs and spaces.

Use (M-x) whitespace-mode in Emacs to see where indentation is done with
spaces and where with tabs.

Use (M-x) tabify to remove space-indentation if you want to stick with
tabs or (M-x) untabify to switch to spaces.

Greetings,
Timo