[pve-devel] scsihw / hotplug integration into GUI

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 05:14:19 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

>> > What do you want to autotetect?
>>
>> if we have libiscsi use scsi-generic instead of scsi-hd.
>
> That is a simple 'if' statement (I would not call that auto-detection).
>
> From what I see, that does not work with qemu 1.1, so we can't add that. What do I miss?

That is correct.

The scsi-generic patches for iscsi went in in early July, so it will
not be in any qemu release until 1.2.

But considering the immense boost in performance that scsi-generic
provides for 4k i/o, you might want to
default to using it once 1.2 becomes available.

regards
ronnie sahlberg