[pve-devel] test report of the spice-xpi console

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Aug 14 16:20:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have just tested the spice-xpi plugin console.

It's really working fine. (firefox/chrome)

spice-xpi is just a wrapper and call spicec command line.  (packages are avaible for fedora/debian/ubuntu)

I don't have yet find a build for windows.

To launch console,we just need to use a small js like

 <script type="text/javascript">
 	function connectvm()
 	{
 		var ip = String("kvmtest1.odiso.net");
 		var port = String("5930");
 		var passwd = String("pass at 321");
 		var pluginobj = document.embeds[0];

 		pluginobj.hostIP = ip;
 		pluginobj.port = port;
 		pluginobj.Password = passwd;
 		pluginobj.fullScreen = true;
 		pluginobj.UsbListenPort = 0;
 		pluginobj.connect();
 	}
 </script>
 </head>
     	<embed type="application/x-spice">
         <button onclick='connectvm()'>connect to VM</button>

About spice in general,
spice authentification support only a simple password,
I don't know how we can integrate it in proxmox ?