[pve-devel] scsihw / hotplug integration into GUI

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Mon Aug 13 10:08:53 CEST 2012

Am 13.08.2012 09:59, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>>> But you want to choose that for each disk separately?
>>
>> Maybe but right now we also can't choose for each disk if we want lsi or
>> virtio-scsi-generic scsihw is also a global option right now.
>
> Yes, but that is something completely different. Using two different scsi contollers
> make no sense to me, while using different kvm drivers make sense?

mhm in which case? Right now i can't imagine a scenario where you want
to use different drivers. If your guest is not recent enough you'll
choose scsi-hd. If your guest IS recent enough you'll choose
scsi-generic as it bypasses the emulation which results in lower CPU
usage AND in more speed AND more features (discard).

In which situation do you need a mixture of both or all three (i don't
see any benefits for scsi-block at all)?

Greets,
Stefan