[pve-devel] novnc report

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Aug 2 11:47:58 CEST 2012

>>That is simply a test how stable the software is.
>>
>>Last time I checked it crashed within 30 seconds.

I have just tested it, no crash, playing youtube video 5min.
(But indeed, it's very slow)

>>I guess the best compression should be selected automatically, but not sure about that.
>>Last time I talked with the author he claimed that jpeg compression is fastest.

I think we can use png or jpeg inside differents protocol, and indeed jpeg compression is faster.
found this.
http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2010/VNC

tight procotol use jpeg by default, and it exist also tight-png.
novnc supported only tight-png in past, but since 0.3 classic tight protocol is supported.