[pve-devel] upgradring hp smartarray hpsa driver to 3.0 ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Apr 13 17:20:34 CEST 2012

>> This is a commonly used HW, so I guess RH will fix any issue.
>> Do you really want to maintain such driver yourself?

lol, no ;)

I think it difficult to maintain this type of drivers, to many models for make good test, too many problems can occurs.

Hope redhat will correct soon the drivers.

> current module version is 2.0.2-3. (early 2011) Last version of hpsa is 3.0.0-2.
> (also support more hardware)
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/cciss/files/hpsa-3.0-tarballs/
>

> Maybe can we update the driver ?

This is a commonly used HW, so I guess RH will fix any issue.

Do you really want to maintain such driver yourself?

- Dietmar

	Alexandre D erumier
Ingénieur Système
Fixe : 03 20 68 88 90
Fax : 03 20 68 90 81
45 Bvd du Général Leclerc 59100 Roubaix - France
12 rue Marivaux 75002 Paris - France