[pve-devel] pve-kernel from repos more recent that proxmox git ?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Tue Apr 10 07:40:03 CEST 2012

> >> Maybe a stupid question, but can't we enable that only for KVM processes?
> I don't think it's possible. It's enable for the whole system.

So why is there a MADV_HUGEPAGE flag?

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/madvise.2.html

We need to figure that out.

> Maybe can we simply add an option in proxmox to define if user want use or not
> hugepage ?
>
> (put in an init.d by example an "echo never|always >
> /sys/kernel/mm/redhat_transparent_hugepage/enabled")

Well, either something works, or it does not work. My feeling is that
I only want to support things which works always.

The bug report:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/111808

also mentions:

> (This issue may be fixed in the next versions of the Linux kernel.)

So maybe we should simply wait for the next kernel release - seem to be a temporary issue?

- Dietmar