[pve-devel] Debian Suqeeze / Proxmox VE 2.0 which init boot system?

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Fri Oct 14 08:52:03 CEST 2011

Am 14.10.2011 08:41, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> For me the shutdown order seem to be correct:
>>
>> K01qemu-server
>> K02open-iscsi
>> K05pve-cluster
>>
>> What exactly is the problem?
>
> Maybe the order is correct, but we have a bug in 'qm stopall'?

It's not shutting down in that order ;-) Might that be due to the
makefile-style concurrent boot - which seems to be default in squeeze.

init 6

Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runelevel 6

order in which everything shuts down;

cluster service manager
KSM control daemon
PVE satus Daemon
cron

- here i get a lot of BUFFER I/O errors on iSCSI (prob. due to cluster
service manager)

OpenVZ
disonnecting iscsi targets
rrdcaching
apache
PVE Daemon
Qemu Server (where the VMs cannot write or read anymore from iSCSI)
i get again a lot of BUFFER I/O errors on iSCSI

Stefan