[pmg-devel] Dump All objects

Davide Bozzelli davide.bozzelli at gmail.com
Fri May 10 18:38:19 CEST 2019

Hi Stoiko

It's already what i used  actually, but i need to go deeper on each group
and "grep" the members, ad used to be a little bit slow.
So what i'm trying to do is to have a quick dump of all the config in a
file and then do a md5sum comparision whith a previous config file.
Basically i would like to dump each group only if the file mentioned above
was changed.

I'm agree that i'm going to use sql.

thx

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 6:33 PM Stoiko Ivanov <s.ivanov at proxmox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can use `pmgsh` for that (or curl via pmgproxy [0])
> With that you get json back and can iterate further:
> ```
> pmgsh get /config/ruledb/what
> ```
> pmgsh also has an interactive mode where you can look around with
> ls/get
>
> apart from that you can also go through the postgres directly - however
> PMGs schema might need some encoding and I don't know whether postgres
> has builtins for that.
>
> hope this helps!
> stoiko
>

> [0] on port 8006) -the instructions for PVE should work for PMG as well:
> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_API
>

> On Fri, 10 May 2019 18:18:35 +0200
> Davide Bozzelli <davide.bozzelli at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Is there a simple way to dump like pmgdb dump ALL the objects ? i
> > mean not only the ones used in rules.
> >
> > Thx

Got problems with Windows? - ReBooT
Got problems with Linux? - Be RooT