[pmg-devel] pmg-log-tracker help wanted

Stoiko Ivanov s.ivanov at proxmox.com
Thu Jun 6 20:33:11 CEST 2019

Hi,

hm - the attached tarball seems to contain a verbatim copy of the
pmg-logtracker source-code (checked out at the older commit
bead5ba9363f0b920aa54de750cc4a2068dbb941), without any modifications?

I assume this is due to a small glitch while using git.

Please checkout our developer documentation - it should describe most
steps necessary for sending source-code modifications as patches [0]
(especially the section about preparing patches).

Since the tarball refers to an outdated commit, please also rebase it
on the current master. I personally like the git book as documentation.

Put simply you should be good by creating a new branch from
bead5ba9363f0b920aa54de750cc4a2068dbb941 (run `git checkout -b
mychange`, while being on
bead5ba9363f0b920aa54de750cc4a2068dbb941)
* commit the changes of your modifications
* fetch the latest changes (`git fetch`)
* rebase onto origin/master (`git rebase origin/master`)
(follow the instruction, for resolving conflicts if any)

Regards,
stoiko

[0] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation
[1] https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Branching-Rebasing