[pmg-devel] #2438 add lmtp support in pmg

Stoiko Ivanov s.ivanov at proxmox.com
Tue Dec 10 11:19:49 CET 2019

Hi,

Thank you very much for your contribution!

On Mon,  9 Dec 2019 20:59:55 +0100
Julian Zehnter <pmg-devel at j-z.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is my first trial to implement the lmtp support in bugzilla #2438.
> I just dive into the code an adapt some parts for lmtp.
>
> Mybe you can check the examine the patches and give me some hints of missing parts.
> How can i check the changes in a test environment?

We gave them a quick look - noticed to small glitches (I'll point them
out in reply to the individual patches).

We'd still need a signed CLA to be able to apply it, see:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation#Software_License_and_Copyright
for details.

I'll apply and test them locally and provide some feedback here - maybe you could
wait with a v2.

> The perl files seems to be easily to replace.
You can edit them inplace (or run `make deb`; and install the .deb package afterwards)
Afterwards you'd need to restart the affected services (pmgproxy, pmgdaemon) and
run pmgconfig sync (in this case).

> Regarding the js files, i don´t know.
Probably again the easiest is to run `make deb` and install the pmg-gui package
running make install as root in the top-directory (however this might leave your
system in a rather odd state (until a package upgrade overrides it)
I personally always use the deb route for the GUI.

> Thanks und Greetings,
> Julian

Thank you!
stoiko