[pmg-devel] code adjustment for PMG in /usr/share/perl5/PMG/DBTools.pm

Patrick Fogarty patrick.fogarty at patanne.com
Fri Apr 12 19:15:47 CEST 2019

One more thing I forgot to mention. The code is failing because, at that
point, your code wants to know the effective id of the current process.
It seems to want to the euid to be 'postgres', uid 109 on our machine.
Unless the code is performing 'su' in some way (I didn't review that
deeply) that can't happen during an upgrade because apt wants to run as
root. Also, plain vanilla Debian does not install 'sudo', and we don't
install it for something like PMG. So the process is not a momentary
elevation of privilege from a regular user. It is running as root.

Thank you.