[pmg-devel] Possibility to integrate ESET Virus scanner

Davide Bozzelli davide.bozzelli at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:51:22 CET 2018

Well the esets_scan binary returns one of the following value:

RETURN VALUES
       The esets_scan on-demand scanner returns the following values after
each scanning event:

       0      No threat found.

       1      Threat found and cleaned.

       10     Some files could not be scanned (may be threats).

       50     Threat found.

       100    Error.

So generally speaking will be not too difficult to integrate it.
The issue with eset is that as said before the performance penalty

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 11:46 AM Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> already opened a thread therefor in the forum and posted all information, I
> can provide. Primary I just need the adjusted regex and some few comments,
> then everything should be fine. Would be happy, if it could be integrated
> with PMG like Avast in the past.
> > >
> > > AFAIR, that scanner does not have a reasonable interface, and always
> loads the hole virus database
> > > at startup. So this is extremely slow. The output is also totally
> undocumented? I don't think
> > > that product is ment to be integrated into a mail gateway.
> >
> > What do you mean by a reasonable interface? What do you expect there
> (for PMG CLI integration)? In comparison to Avast scan the ESET scan is
> completely similar in its call and response way. Scan time also looked
> similar to avast
>
> I already tried to implement it. but failed. If you think you can do
> better, just send a patch.

Got problems with Windows? - ReBooT
Got problems with Linux? - Be RooT