[pmg-devel] Spam scanning after virus is found

Davide Bozzelli davide.bozzelli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:30:55 CEST 2018

This is the email i've receive to admin when eicar.com triggers avast:

Proxmox Notification:

Sender:   xxx
Receiver: xxx
Targets:  x <buzzz at zartech.it>xxx

Subject: Automatic greetings virus

Matching Rule: IN - Quarantine Viruses & Alert

Rule: IN - Quarantine Viruses & Alert
  Receiver: xxx
  Action: Move to quarantine.
  Action: notify xxx
  Action: notify __RECEIVERS__

Virus Info: EICAR Test-NOT virus!!! (avast)

Spam detection results:  4
ALL_TRUSTED                -1 Passed through trusted hosts only via SMTP
BAYES_50                  0.8 Bayes spam probability is 40 to 60%
DCC_CHECK                 1.1 Detected as bulk mail by DCC (dcc-servers.net)
DIGEST_MULTIPLE         0.293 Message hits more than one network digest check
KAM_LAZY_DOMAIN_SECURITY      1 Sending domain does not have any
anti-forgery methods
MISSING_MID             0.497 Missing Message-Id: header
PYZOR_CHECK             1.392 Listed in Pyzor (http://pyzor.sf.net/)
TVD_SPACE_RATIO         0.001 -

As you can see ALL the spam rules are triggered.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 11:24 AM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com>
wrote:

> > I've notice that event if a virus is found a spam scanning is performed.
>
> Not really. If you block the virus, the SPAM analysis should not be called
> at
> all.

Got problems with Windows? - ReBooT
Got problems with Linux? - Be RooT