[pbs-devel] [RFC backup/proxmox-backup 0/4] fix #5463: add optional consent banner before login

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Fri May 17 09:15:52 CEST 2024

thanks for tackling this

first, while this approach seems ok to me, there are probably still some
things to figure out yet in the bug report (see the bug report)

probably the biggest thing i'd change is the need for an extra api call.

since we already have to serve the index file,
we could use a similar mechanism to register the consent text
there (i.e. save it in memory and reread it when the mtime of the file changes)

and render the text of the consent directly into the index template.
that way we can avoid an extra round trip and directly show it
without an api call