[pbs-devel] [RFC proxmox-backup 00/24] fix #3044: push datastore to remote

Christian Ebner c.ebner at proxmox.com
Tue Jul 30 12:42:07 CEST 2024

On 7/17/24 17:48, Thomas Lamprecht wrote:

> It might even make sense to evaluate using a different sync job section
> type, and thus config, for these; not saying that's a must, but it myabe
> could additionally help to avoid mistakes.

Had a closer look at this: If I see correctly, this would imply to
either create duplicate API endpoints for interacting with the config or
pass an additional sync direction variant flag to the preexisting
endpoints, in order to distinguish the section types and therefore sync
job variants while keeping the same `SyncJobConfig`. The latter seems to
be the more promising approach.

So I will go for adding a new section type `sync-push` and add the
`SyncDirection` parameters where required.

This separates the sync job variants cleanly in the config, making it
impossible to switch sync direction by simply deleting a line (switching
over the config type can not happen as easily, therefore better
protecting from accidental misconfiguration).