[pbs-devel] [RFC proxmox-backup 1/2] datastore: Allow encoding with a set compression level

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Nov 3 21:01:52 CET 2023

On 03/11/2023 16:17, Maximiliano Sandoval R wrote:
> We replace the boolean flag with an enum.

so what levels did you test (with what test cases), which difference
in size was seen, any runtime impacts ...?

For such thing's I really want to have at least *some* info about
such basic questions, which everyone will (or at least, should) ask
when seeing such a change,  encoded in the commit message.

Something like that could also the basis of an argument for a (future)
change of the default level to 3 or so, maybe that's a better trade-off
than the current default.