[pbs-devel] Proxmox Backup Server 2.4 available

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Wed Mar 29 13:15:26 CEST 2023

Hi all,

we're exited to announce the release of Proxmox Backup Server 2.4. It's
based on Debian 11.6 "Bullseye", but using a newer Linux kernel 5.15 or
6.2, and includes ZFS 2.1.9.

Proxmox Backup Server 2.4 comes with dark mode, LDAP authentication, and
support for WORM tapes.

Here are the highlights
* Debian 11.6, but using a newer Linux kernel 5.15 or 6.2
* ZFS 2.1.9
* Dark mode
* Added LDAP authentication realm and user synchronization
* Initial support for WORM tapes
* Download task logs in the web interface

We have included countless bugfixes and improvements on many places; see
the release notes for all details.

Release notes
https://pbs.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Roadmap#Proxmox_Backup_Server_2.4

Press release
https://www.proxmox.com/en/news/press-releases/proxmox-backup-server-2-4

Download
https://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads
Alternate ISO download:
https://enterprise.proxmox.com/iso

Documentation
https://pbs.proxmox.com/docs

Community Forum
https://forum.proxmox.com

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Source code
https://git.proxmox.com

Q: Can I upgrade Proxmox Backup Server 2.x to 2.4 with GUI (or apt)?