[pbs-devel] Slow overview of existing backups

Roland devzero at web.de
Fri Mar 10 11:02:58 CET 2023

hello,

yes, this is really slow, i even observed timeouts (backup list simply
won't appear without any notice) when querying pbs while another node is
running a backup

 > I have the feeling that when you request an overview now, all
individual backups are checked, which seems suboptimal.

yes, but did you know that zfs metadata caching sucks and this may also
be one reason for slowness?

see https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/issues/12028

there is improvement on the way:

https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/14359