[pbs-devel] Scheduler causing connectivity issues?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Jul 18 13:03:12 CEST 2022

Am 18/07/2022 um 09:31 schrieb Mark Schouten:

>> For one we made the libpve-storage-perl do more efficient list-snapshot
>> requests if they can be filtered by VMID, and on the PBS side we moved most
>> operations that cause IO (and are related to backup groups/snapshots) to a
>> separate thread pool so that the main thread should be less
>> congested/blocked.
> Given the other responses in this thread, I’m not going to upgrade yet to a testing-version in production. Please let me know if there is any other info you need from me.

Note that the responses where all from just one user, so not exactly a broad feedback,
and their setup had almost no IO pressure going on, so rather a different issue (for
which we have an idea in the pipeline).

FWIW, I just moved that PBS version to no-subscription, so it wouldn't be testing
anymore.

I'll also ping this thread once the stop gap fix for the other issue, that we suspect
dea is hitting, is available in a packaged version; it'd just be interesting to know
if the general movement of IO operations to separate threads would have helped in your
big and (relatively) high IO pressure setup.