[pbs-devel] Problem with PBS and old CentOS 4.9 vm

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Tue Aug 25 16:22:20 CEST 2020

Hello.
I am testing from today PBS beta (last release, just updated) with PVE last release.

I have a problem with a 4.9 centOS vm. If i restore after backup, during the initial FSCK there are a lot of errors and filesystem problems.

I have tried to:
- change disk from virtio to IDE
- backup with vm off
- make fsck, stop the vm, backup, and restore

If i backup the vm powered off, when I restore it, no fsck is prompted at boot, but if I reset (without any activity) the vm, again the filesystem is full of errors.
If I reset the original VM, no problem during fsck at boot.

If i fix the restored vm, I backup it again (powered on or off), same problem.

So seems the the problem is making and restoring backup.

No problem with a centOS 6.X (i am testing other OS versions).

Some idea ?

Regards, Fabrizio