[pve-devel] [RFC kernel-meta] add proxmox-secure-boot-support package

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Tue Feb 6 10:40:55 CET 2024

Am 05/02/2024 um 12:45 schrieb Fabian Grünbichler:
> On February 2, 2024 7:23 pm, Thomas Lamprecht wrote:
>> seems OK w.r.t. change, but do we want this to be either part of the shim,
>> or a separate repo? So that we do not need to ship a new kernel meta package
>> when the shim version pinning needs an update? As it feels a bit unrelated
>> to the kernel meta package in general to me.
>
> well, it needs to be updated when either grub or shim have a security
> update (or on major releases of course), so there's not really one place
> to fit it. we could have a separate repo (or refactor this one to
> contain two source packages, but that's fairly ugly as well) - that
> would obviously work as well.

Then I'd prefer an extra repo, until now we basically pulled out any
such only tangentially related package out from the source package it
was added to, as there basically no time that a single change will
affect both, and I really do not like that churn – while not a biggie
it just is unnecessary churn, which I'm really not a fan of (and thus
highly probably want to rip this out sooner or later anyway).