[pve-devel] [RFC container/firewall/manager/proxmox-firewall/qemu-server 00/37] proxmox firewall nftables implementation

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Apr 11 09:34:37 CEST 2024

Am 11/04/2024 um 07:21 schrieb Stefan Hanreich:
>> Since `Command` is serializable anyway, we could have a nice test suite of
>> firewall/VM config files and expected commands as JSON dumps.
>> This will be tedious to setup at first, but will help to detect any unwanted
>> regressions in the long-term.
>
> Yes, that is certainly something that is on the menu, as we've already
> talked off-list using something like insta[1], which is already
> packaged, would be a good approach to this imo.
>
> [1] https://github.com/mitsuhiko/insta

Does a simple serialize config and then diff that to the reference
really needs that elaborate crate that comes with its own cargo sub
command? I mean it looks Like I do not need to use the latter for
running the tests, so I guess if it's packaged in Debian we could
try it if you really think it provides that much convenience.