[pve-devel] [RFC pve-network] do not remove DHCP mapping on stop

Stefan Hanreich s.hanreich at proxmox.com
Wed Nov 8 15:38:34 CET 2023

On 11/8/23 15:32, DERUMIER, Alexandre wrote:
> hi,
> I'm back from Holiday, and I'll finally time to work on dhcp.

Welcome back! It's also my first day after holiday today.

> I wonder if we couldn't add a property on subnet or dhcp,
> where user could choose between ephemeral ip (create a vm start /
> delete at vm stop),
>
> or reserved ip
>
> (reserved a vm|nic create,  deleted a vm|nic delete)

That sounds like something we could implement. I've talked to Stefan
Lendl today and we thought that ephemeral is something we can leave out
for now and implement later (although we definitely wanted to add
support for it!)

Since we want to have at least basic DHCP support in the next release
(which is not far away) we decided to focus on a minimal featureset
first and then build upon it.