MooseFS plugin for Proxmox - further work and request for help

Benjamin zorlin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:55:22 CEST 2023

Hey there!

So, a while ago I emailed about my MooseFS plugin for Proxmox -
https://github.com/Zorlin/pve-moosefs

It was in pretty rough shape and didn't work yet. It works now, and allows
you to mount MooseFS and MooseFS Pro nicely as shared storage. I'm planning
to expand it to have instant copy-on-write snapshots (via mfssnapshot) so
that you can snapshot and rollback VMs essentially instantly.

I need help with the following issues if anyone has time to look at them:

* I can't edit the storage in the storage menu (Datacenter -> Storage ->
"moosefs" -> Edit), but no logs appear in the host I am trying to do that
on.
* MooseFS doesn't appear in the "Add" dropdown within the storage menu.
* MooseFS doesn't show up as shared storage, so can't be used for VM
migrations.
* Despite setting plugindata to support images, vztmpl, iso, backup,
snippets, only images show up as supported (I think this might be me doing
it wrong though, see below)

sub plugindata {
    return {
        content => [ { images => 1, vztmpl => 1, iso => 1, backup => 1,
snippets => 1},
                    { images => 1 } ],
        format => [ { raw => 1, qcow2 => 1, vmdk => 1 } , 'raw' ],
        shared => 1,
    };
}

I'm looking forward to developing this further and the MooseFS folks are
excited about it and may possibly offer some resources towards it too.

Any help is appreciated! Would love to get this fully working with an edit
menu and everything.
~ Benjamin