[pve-devel] [RFC proxmox-widget-toolkit, pve-manager 0/2] Copy Button For Wizard Disk Configuration

Max Carrara m.carrara at proxmox.com
Tue Dec 5 16:44:56 CET 2023

When creating a VM for testing purposes, e.g. a VM that's supposed
to have 8 disks to test something in regards to ZFS, it's necessary
to manually edit the configuration and repeatedly click on all desired
options by hand - for every single disk. I always wished there was a
copy button, so I decided to just implement it myself.

These two patches are sent as RFC because I'm not 100% sure about the
some of the naming, approaches and UI design decisions I have made,
so it would be nice to get some feedback on that.

In particular:
- Maybe it's better to name the button "duplicate" instead of "copy"?
  * But that means it doesn't fit in the same row as the "add" button
- Put the copy button next to the little icon for the delete button
  instead, displaying it for each list item?

Max Carrara (1):
  input panel: add `raw` parameter to function `getValues`

 src/panel/InputPanel.js | 15 ++++++++++++++-

Max Carrara (1):
  multi disk edit: add copy button

 www/manager6/panel/MultiDiskEdit.js | 78 +++++++++++++++++++++++++----

2.39.2