[pve-devel] qemu 6 : does proxmox backup handle parallel async chunck backup like the new backup code from qemu 6.0 ?

aderumier at odiso.com aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jun 2 08:39:52 CEST 2021

Hi,

I was looking for qemu 6.0 new features,
and it seem that they have implement parallel async chunks backup (and
I think for other block operations, through a new block-copy feature)

https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/71eed4cebed487a4f3c9f97aba83c611bbe22f8d

https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/de4641b46b020c5b332175f80e8bfe3d352888e8#diff-b33323044f2699244c126c6eae6c4083c3c99a16f4840030ac13238b1f569dc0

https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/26be9d62dd5f5268b814da24fd8e8b5c5b999ebe

Is it alrealy implemented or on the roadmap for the proxmox backup code
?
(To be honest, I didn't follow proxmox backup patches since a long
time, so I really don't known how much they are sharing with qemu
backup code)

Regards,

Alexandre