[pve-devel] ifupdown2 "bridge_set_static_mac_from_port" policy

alexandre derumier aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jul 14 12:16:04 CEST 2021

> But if one would add another bridge port or switch order of existing
> ones, and then do a
> `ifreload -a` it could change the bridge MAC address? I mean, it
> happens in the `up_bridge`
> function, not sure if that is called on reload or just when really
> doing something like
> `ifdown vmbr0; ifup vmbr0`

I will do tests to be sure.

I don't known if users have usecases with 2 physical interfaces in 1
vmbr without bonding ?
Main impacted users are public hosting where ip/mac couple is filtered,
so they never have more than 1 interface.

some doc about this option:

https://support.cumulusnetworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005695794-
Cumulus-Linux-Derivation-of-MAC-Address-for-a-Bridge