[pve-devel] Ceph Pacific testing?

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Sun Apr 18 09:29:32 CEST 2021

Hi,

On 18.04.21 00:48, Victor Hooi wrote:
> Awesome! Really excited by this!
>
> Do we have any indication of when this year the PVE 7.0 testing will begin?

No, nothing definitive yet, if I had to guess, I'd say that the test repo
would get available in Q2 rather than Q3, though.

> Also - will it still be based on a Ubuntu kernel? Or any chance we can get
> a newer kernel from Debian? =)

Debian 11 Bullseye will ship the 5.10 kernel, Ubuntu 21.04 will ship the 5.11 kernel.

We will use the newer one from Ubuntu, and actually, that one is already
available for testing in Proxmox VE 6 since almost a month[0].

Note, while we did not see any issue anywhere, we still recommend to stay on 5.4, which
will stay the default kernel for the remaining PVE 6.x lifetime.

With above note in mind, you can install it by executing:

apt update
apt install pve-kernel-5.11

cheers,
Thomas