[pve-devel] RFC: sdn: add ip management (IPAM -DHCP) ideas

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jun 24 08:50:55 CEST 2020

>>Do you want to allocate IPs on VM creation time, or VM start time?

I think at vm creation time, or nic hotplug/unplug.
the ipam api is called, return free ip address, and we write somewhere in vm config the ip address.
(for nic hotplug/unplug, we need to handle ipam removal on config revert)

Like this, user can generate cloudinit if needed with the ip address, can do custom firewall rules, we could generate dhcp... before starting the vm.