[pve-devel] ovf duplicate AddressOnParent

alexandre derumier aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Dec 21 18:04:21 CET 2020

mmm, seem that

AddressOnParent is indeed the disk location on the controller,

but on the provided ovf example, they are 2 differents controllers (parent=4 && parent=5)

(I don't known how vmware manage disk, 1controller with multliples disk, or 1controller by disk. Maybe it's related to vm machine version or config.)

But in the proxmox ovf parser, we only handle 1 controller

# extract corresponding Controller node details

my $adress_on_controller = $xpc->findvalue('rasd:AddressOnParent',
$item_node);

my $pve_disk_address = id_to_pve($controller_type) . $adress_on_controller;

that's why we have a conflict here