[pve-devel] Adding new data storage

Andrei Perapiolkin andrei.perepiolkin at open-e.com
Thu Dec 17 17:16:40 CET 2020

Hi Thomas, Dietmar,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry for ambiguity with "API". By API I meant usage of SSH to send
commands to Open-E JovianDSS.

The problem here is that this commands are different from the one used
in "ZFS over iSCSI" plugin.

That is why Im thinking about adding separate plugin.

Also this plugin is going to be OpenSource and API is public, so there
should not be any legal complications with adding it to Proxmox repo.

My concern is whether I should provide additional CI, Unit tests or
something else?

Coding style goes without saying.

On 12/17/20 5:35 PM, Thomas Lamprecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 17/12/2020 16:06, Andrei Perapiolkin wrote:
>> I would like to add new data storage. This storage would resemble ZFS over iSCSI but will use different API to access storage.
>>
> What do you mean here, what API will it use? If you want to include this in our
> repository some more details would be appreciated. Else, for storages with have
> a external plugin system which can be used to include plugins which are proprietary
> or otherwise unfit for inclusion.

Best regards,

Andrei Perepiolkin