[pve-devel] [RFC pve-manager] ui: storage: combine RBD external and hyperconverged add dialog

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Tue Jun 26 09:44:15 CEST 2018

On 6/25/18 1:31 PM, Dominik Csapak wrote:
> the code looks good and i'm all for doing this,

thanks for the look!

> but i do not really like how the endresult looks
>
> an improvement would be to put the checkbox more at the top, or in the footer area?
> it feels rather weird to have a checkbox at the bottom of the form
> which changes the items before it

like the advanced checkbox does? ;-)

I like it as is better than on top, especially as the dialog is quite
compact and the user sees everything at ease first.

Also, we stay more consistent with the rest of the dialogues we have,
eg., ID and nodes on top, storage specific stuff below...

> also i would rather that the monitor field does not dissapear, but only be disabled (maybe with an emptytext like 'use addresses from ceph.conf' or something like this

With an emptytext OK, else it'd be just confusing.
And remember, we already have the PVE RBD dialog without monitor
field so I mainly kept it this way because of that.