[pve-devel] ZFS storage

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Aug 2 18:57:48 CEST 2014

> Implementing a simple provider which would simple call an script was my initial
> attempt at.. and I even sent to the list a first initial set of patches, which then as
> requested by list members I evolved into the more radical approach you've seen
> now. :?

I guess I was that list member. Form what I see there is no interest from other people?

> I'll try to refactor the code back into an specific LunCmd implementation which
> simply invokes an script and send the results to the list.

I just requested a simple configuration change, so that it is compatible with
existing installation (Many people will hate me if we release incompatible code).
We can still include your scripts as examples. The future will show if they get
used by other people.

But from the response we got so far on this list, I think most people prefer
the existing approach (please correct me if I am wrong). I am quite unsure about that
whole functionality, any maybe we should not merge it into the existing ZFS plugin at all.

Any comment from 'mir' or 'alexandre' on that topic?