[pve-devel] pve-storage : rbd : base - clone

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Feb 4 06:17:46 CET 2013

>>In all of this clone/copy discussion as well as an enormous amount of
>>patches I have sort of lost track with the storage migration feature.
>>
>>Is storage migration part of all these patches for clone/copy?

The pve-storage patches are for template and cloning (aka linked clones).

The final idea, is to have disks with base-xxxx name for templates. (A template is a vm with base-xxx disk name).

We can convert a vm to a template. (renaming the disk).

We can clone a template. (make a child vm from parent template)

Now my qemu-server and pve-manager patches, implement also copy (with qemu-img convert and qmp drive-mirror), and also storage migration.
I think Dietmar didn't have review them, and want to finish pve-storage clone part before.
(I have rebase them on last pve-storage if users want to test them).

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: