[pve-devel] cgroups implementation proposal for kvm (cpuunits support for kvm)

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Dec 20 08:08:10 CET 2011

Hi,

I have do some tests,

and I don't know why, but cpu.shares cgroup values is working fine, but only with openvz containers ....

With kvm process, it does'nt work, and with other host process it doesn't work too ....

So, maybe openvz patches made changes to cgroups ..?..

I'll try to do more test with a redhat stock kernel (it's working fine on rhel 6.2), maybe after proxmox 2.0 release.

The main idea was to have a working fairuse scheduling with kvm and virtio devices, without patching qemu.

I'll keep you in touch ...

- Alexandre